Monday, June 23, 2008

sharing


A few days ago Naiya and I were sharing a snack. We were sitting on opposite sides of a table, so whenever she wanted to give some of her treats to mommy, she had to walk around the table to bring me a little tidbit. (She likes to share.) She fed me a blueberry a couple of times and then on her third trip, as she was walking toward me, she popped the berry into her mouth just before she arrived. She was still holding out her hand when she stopped in front of me, confused...looking up at me...you could see her little mind trying to work it out...she didn’t quite realize that she’d eaten the blueberry herself! I asked her, “Is that my blueberry in your mouth?” A big grin exploded across her face and her shoulders shrugged up as she tilted her head slightly back (those of you who have spent some time with her may recall that silly, mischievous gesture) then she ran back to her side of the table only to quickly return...this time pushing that delicious treat into mommy’s laughing mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...