Saturday, January 15, 2011

wire rimmed glasses

We were driving through downtown today on our way to Powell's. I was sitting in the passenger seat as I usually do. Stopped at a street corner I look to my right and see this older gentleman heading toward the crosswalk. He has on a pair of wire rimmed glasses. The kind that bend easily when removed. He was walking with a book in one hand and with his free hand he reached up and took off those glasses. As a one handed gesture, he had to unhook them from behind one ear then gently ease them across his face.
He was just taking off his glasses. It wasn't anything. He probably does it dozens of times a day. There was something about it though. I've seen it before. The bendable wire rim, the slight down-tilt of the head. It was beautiful.
Some moments are just like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...