Tuesday, March 22, 2011

happy spring

I had all these grand plans for the first day of Spring.  I was going to have root children on the Nature Table weeks before the big day and on the Equinox they would surprise Naiya with their new, colorful flower dresses just like in the story we've been reading.  We would have a lovely Nature Walk and end with a search in our own garden for some sweet little treasures...

Alas, none of this came to pass.  The first day of Spring was rather gloomy.  We hardly went out at all and the root children have yet to manifest.  I've just been a bit ill, a little tired and never got any of it together.

Nonetheless, I am thrilled that the season has arrived and wanted to wish you all the joy, lightness, color and ease this time of year seems to inspire in all of our earth's living beings. 


Since I also failed to produce some quintessentially Spring-y photograph, I thought I'd share some shots of the plant dyeing afternoon I shared with friends at Naiya's school.  These were from the day before the Equinox and the sky and weather then were stunning and warm.  I dyed this very long silk with osage orange and walnut to make a hanging dropped ceiling in the playroom.  (Another unfinished work-in-progress.)  Some folks were also dyeing clothes and wool yarn.  I especially like the shot of Shades of Blue...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...