Saturday, October 29, 2011

five little pumpkins


Five little pumpkins sitting on a gate
The first one said, "Oh my, it's getting late."
The second one said, "There are witches in the air."
The third one said, "But we don't care."
The fourth one said, "Let's run and run and run!"
The fifth one said, "Isn't Hallowe'en fun?"
Woosh went the wind, and out went the light
And five little pumpkins rolled out of sight.

Naiya brought this little fingerplay verse home from school last week.  We've been collecting these gems from memory, from rhyme books and from Waldorf friends and teachers for years now.  I've finally added them as two separate tabs at the top of my home page.   Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. We heard this at our Waldorf school's fall festival this year and my son's been asking me to do it with him, but I couldn't remember the words. Thank you! Thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! I just added the two last lines. I hadn't heard them before today. Naiya sang this little ditty to finish off her puppet show this afternoon and added them. Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful, thank you! We've been saying this one all week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was my favorite Halloween song when I was a child, I also enjoyed singing it with my children when they were young. Such a cute little song and finger play!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the verses and finger plays you've added. What a great resource!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my that is really cute. Thanks for sharing. I love the fingerplays. I am really looking forward to doing these with my littles. Thank you so much for sharing your collection.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...